Application: Nissan GTR R35 VR38DETT
Tomei Poncam New VALC Profile Camshafts
Cam Duration: Intake 258 degree
Max Cam Lift: Intake 10.30mm
Max Valve Lift: Intake 10.00mm
Cold Valve Clearance: Intake 0.30mm +/- 0.01mm
Valve Timing Centerline: Intake 124.0 degree
Base Circle: Intake 35.4mm
1. Stock valve springs compatible
2. Variable valve timing compatible - The camshaft work together with factory intake variable valve timing for noticeable performance improvements across the range.
3. Reliable lubrication - Optimized oil feed hole diameter and design ensures a steady flow of oil to the journals.
4. Specially made lightweight and durable cores - Specially made robust hollow cores for a lightweight yet highly durable camshaft.
5. Pre-set valve timing - Same valve timing as stock VR38DETT. Works seamlessly with the stock ECU.
Contents: Intake Side x 2 cams
Introduction of Tomei VALC profile Camshafts:
1. The VALC profile allows the valves to open faster and for longer. This translates to faster lift and increased area under the lift curve which in turn generates
more power. (Greater area under the lift curve = greater air intake)
2. Unlike the valve opening, the VALC profile ensures that the valves close at a slower rate, helping to prevent common valve train related issues.
3. With a conventional direct-acting valve train, the maximum lift is usually determined by the size / diameter of the valve lifter. Selecting a high-lift camshaft
without taking this into consideration often results in the camshaft lobe travelling beyong the surface of the valve lifter. This cuases the lobe to make contact with
the edge of the lifter, damaging both components over time. Therefore, the ideal performance orientated high-lift camshaft needs to have a profile that maximizes lobe
travel on the lifter without exceeding the outer edge. VALC profile camshafts have achieved this ideal by deliberately reducing the maximum cam velocity to limit lobe
travel on the lifter surface (Maximum cam velocity = lobe travel distance on lifter).