This listing is for the intake side camshaft.
Tomei Camshaft Procam for Mitsubishi EVO 9 4G63
Duration: 282 deg
Position: Intake Side
Cam Lift: 6.65mm
Valve Lift: 11.50mm
Rocker ARM Ratio: 1.73
Center Line: 130 deg
Base Circle: 30
Required Valve Spring: *3
Required Valve Lifter: OEM
Required Cam Gear: *4
*3 - Required Tomei Valve Spring TM-TA304A-MT01A - (EVO 7 OEM Retainers are required when using Tomei Valve Springs on the EVO 8/9 models)
*4 - Required Tomei Cam Gear TM-TA302A-MT01B
Tomei USA is offering its newly developed camshaft profile - VALC Profile.
* Optimized 'velocity' and 'acceleration'.
* Designed for high power setups.
* Optimizes engine performance.
* Higher lift than other profiles of the duration.
* Reduced stress/wear on the valve train.
1. The VALC profile allows the valves to open faster and for longer time. This translates to faster lift and increased area under the 'lift curve' which in turn generates more power.(Greater area under the 'lift curve' = greater air intake)
2. Unlike the valve opening, the VALC profile ensures that the valves close at a slower rate, helping to prevent common valve train related issues.
3. With a conventional direct-acting valve train, the maximum lift is usually determined by the size/diameter of the valve lifter. Selecting a high-lift camshaft without taking this into consideration often results in the camshaft lobes travelling beyond the surface of the valve lifter. This causes the lobe to make contact with the edge of the lifter, damaging both components over time.
Therefore, the ideal performance orientated high-lift camshaft needs to have a profile that maximizes lobe travel on the lifter without exceeding the outer edge. VALC profile camshafts have achieved this ideal by deliberately reducing the maximum cam velocity to limit lobe travel on the lifter surface. ?Maximum cam velocity = lobe travel distance on lifter)
For more information about VALC profile camshafts, Click here.
We usually ship all orders within 1 day unless there is an issue with the order. In that case, we will contact you to find the best solution.